Bicycle rides don’t have to be complicated! However, as anyone with small children knows, anything with small children is complicated and can require more gear than one would have ever expected. So what should you bring on a Kidical Mass ride?
- Your kids! (Or someone else’s, as long as you have permission.) We welcome kids of all ages. However, all children do need to be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Some bicycle-based transportation for you and said kids – road bikes, hybrid bikes, trailers, bike seats, Dutch-style bakfiets, tag-alongs, cargo bikes, and kids on their own bikes! Because this ride isn’t designed to teach kids how to bike, we recommend kids on two-wheelers, but we will ride at the pace of even the slowest, littlest rider. Neither you nor your kid will get left behind. However, we do ask for patience, as this may be the slowest ride you’ve ever been on.
- Helmets for everyone on the ride. Maryland requires all riders under 16 wear helmets and adults are strongly encouraged to.
- Drinks, snacks, or other goodies that your kids may need along the way. We will make a stop on all of the rides, many of which will also have food available.
- A sense of humor, fun and adventure!